how cool should my computer be running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiddunott

Beta member
I just recently replaced my hard drive...i low level formatted and installed windows xp on it..I have a PCChips Mobo M825G I have 1 gb of ram. after just recently downloading all the updated drivers and without installing any other programs, I am noticing the computer locking up. I have to manual reset it each time. Does this have to do with cooling by chance? I checked the bios and the mobo is overclocked at 166mhz running as athlon mp. the cpu temp is 56C and the system temp is 46C . I only have 1 case fan. Is this about normal for this type of computer? I can run the processor as 133mhz or even 100mhz dont know if this could be a problem either.....

i would try changing the overclocking first.

i remember reading somewhere that dangerous temps are around 70. can't remember if F or C. Also, my laptop was running in the 70-80 range regularly just fine

i would try changing the overclocking first.

i remember reading somewhere that dangerous temps are around 70. can't remember if F or C. Also, my laptop was running in the 70-80 range regularly just fine

xc19g5.jpg

I hope you realize what exactly you just said... Because I don't understand how someone with more than 4k posts doesn't have a working knowledge of Celcius and Fahrenheit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom