suggestions on my first i7 build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delirium330

In Runtime
thanks for the suggestion...do i even need a cpu cooler do you think? how does the rest of the build look?

Depends if you want to Overclock or not. If you don't want to then don't bother, stock cooling will be fine. Although it is lots of fun to OC, a learning experience too. I'd say its worth the $40 personally.

Can't see the wireless adapter (I assume thats what it is) link is broken. Rest of it looks solid.

Maybe one of these Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
and one of these Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive for the OS.

Having your os on a 1 TB drive might slow it down a bit, the 640gb is nice and fast. Unless you really need the 2 TB.

Depends if you want to Overclock or not. If you don't want to then don't bother, stock cooling will be fine. Although it is lots of fun to OC, a learning experience too. I'd say its worth the $40 personally.

Can't see the wireless adapter (I assume thats what it is) link is broken. Rest of it looks solid.

Maybe one of these Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
and one of these Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive for the OS.

Having your os on a 1 TB drive might slow it down a bit, the 640gb is nice and fast. Unless you really need the 2 TB.

good suggestions, ill probably do a 500 or 640 caviar black to run the OS and then another 1TB like the above for storage. i also fixed the wireless adapter link...sort of expensive but i wanted one that was plug and play with win7 and wasn't sure about some of the other random brands like rosewill and encore, etc.

i also got rid of the cpu cooler as i wont be overclocking for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom