Computer won't startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure your bios is set to boot from cd. restart computer

it will say press any key to boot from cd, click a key

it will say something like inspecting system hardward config

then it will say press f6 to install raid driver at the bottom of the screen

then it will say press f2 for automatic system recovery. press f2

these messages go by quickly, so make sure you see it.

I never got a F2 option, flash etc.
I did see the F6 option

After it loaded a lot of setup devices from the cd, I tried to run windows and it actually stayed on the blue screen so I can type it out here for you.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

REGISTRY_ERROR

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure anu new hardware or software is properly intalled. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x00000003, 0x00000000, 0xE10FE000)

How do I do the bios thing?

Is there anyway I can get the computer to start in safe mode other than the way mentioned above b.c everytime I try it, it keeps flashing the blue screen and just keeps rebbooting itself.

And no I didn't install any new software or hardware prior to this happening. Just what I mentioned earlier with the spyware remover (but it was already installed).

that wierd f2 should come just before or just after the raid option

the problem you are describing above, ususally refers to a hardware problem

it look like you are going to have to take that drive and put it on somebody else's computer and delete it or format it

then reinstall xp

if doing a recovery it SHOULD ask you for a repair. Just do it like a normal install, it will detect the o/s as being there already and ask if you'd like to repair it. You'll know if you chose the wrong thing if it asks what kind of partition to use. Just do it like you would normally set up and eventually it will ask you if you'd like to repair.

When I try the setup XP option (hoping to get to a repair option), it ends up frozen in the blue screen with the same message as above.

When hitting r for repair in the same menu, it asks "Which Windows installation would you like to log onto?"

It only give one space to type anything and i have tried every letter and numer on the keyboard and "1" is the only thing that will make it quit giving the same prompt and that takes you back to the frozen blue screen again.

Hey Check If The mother board is working fine remove the memory modules and hear for any beeps from the Board And if u dont then your motherboard is gone for a toss if not then Remove all the external pheriperals from your system and also reseat the HDD Cable (IDE cable) And tell me ill give a few more steps.

Hey yes Im really Sorry thats Right No Beeps That means Your Mother Is Gone For a toss Im sure about this that your motherbard has a problem and i guess u HAVE to buy a new motherboard and I got experience coz when any customer in dell calls up and when the memory has been removed and there is no beeps that means motherboard is faulty
Well The beeps indicate that the memory is missing from your motherboard well if you remove the memory and u dont have beeps that means the motherboard is Damaged
Im sure Bout This my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom