Step Two Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the new box will have 4 HDD. The primary two will be two identical 120GB Seagate SATA drives, as boot. Then I have a Seagate 80GB IDE, and a Seagate 160GB IDE, to add as secondary storage.

I do a LOT of web editing, graphics work, gaming level design, CAD work, etc, so I suck up a lot of HDD space. My current fun-box has 200GB of storage, and only 10GB are left. So I'm looking forward to slipping into the roomy 480GB capacity of the new comp. I think the SATA's will be great for the system, too. They're faster, at least.

ShoobieRat said:
Hey, no shyt, man! I'm gonna run every bench I can on it!

Of course, step 1 is to just get it all to work. I'm hoping it's going to go smooth and I'll just be able to fit everything together, power-on, and load the OS. I already know I need to switch the mobo FSP jumper to handle the 400MHz FSB, because the factory setting is at 100MHz (for 200MHz FSB).

Everything should be set, though. I'm only gonna put in one of the SATA drives, first, and get it all running. Then I'll put in the second SATA and my other two IDE drives.

Man...it's been a while since I built my own machine. I'm nervous 'cause it's my own money this time. Plus, although I deal with hardware all the time, I rarely build an entire machine from scratch. The last time I built a whole machine, cold, from scratch, was about four years ago, and technology has changed!

Give'n me the willies here!

Oh well. I want that greased-weasel machine...so here goes noth'n! :)

It's like riding a bike, you never forget ;)
also, what PSU did you buy? and what case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom