good laptop...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys i just moved to brisbane and i found a computer/electronics store named harvery norman and i would like to know if this laptop is good for the price and reliable or not. I am getting microsoft office home and student for free and extra $109 for 2 years warranty.

Toshiba Satellite A500/01M Laptop - Computers - Computing - Products

thats the laptop i was looking at and should i get that one or no? I might do some gaming like fallout 3 and maybe some fps

I have the exact same laptop, except yours is a bit newer. I paid $1,500. And let me tell you it was worth every penny. I have had mine for almost a year now. It works amazingly. It's good for everything, even gaming. I've spilled coffee in it three times and all I did was dry it up and there was not ma single problem. Toshiba make very powerful and durable laptops.

thats cool the guy in the store recommended me that 1 and it looked good and i liked it so yea i might get that soon. so hows the performance in terms of gaming? whats games do you play and what settings and how many fps do you get?

I no longer game with this computer because I turned it into a photo/music computer for professional audio recording and professional digital recording. I'd usually play 60 fps with no sweat. I played a lot of Madden, COD, WoW, and Unreal Tournament 2. It is phenomenal for gaming, especially for a laptop. But if you're a serious gamer, just to be safe I'd purchase a cooling pad. I never used one, because I didn't game that often. When I did it got fairly hot. And if I were a laptop I wouldn't want to burn. And one fan doesn't do the trick when you play with 60 fps. I also upgraded to 8GB of RAM. I can run CS4, CS3 And AUTO CAD simultaneously with no lag. But the two 4GB DDR2 sticks cost about $300-400 for the pair.
Good luck with your purchase. If you do end up obtaining the Satellite A500, let me know how it runs please=]

cool will do but would it be worth upgrading to gt 240m if it is available? and seeming that it is a 16" laptop i am not sure if it would be suitable for taking it into classes and the portability of the laptop as it said that it weight roughly 6-7 pounds.

I'm studying journalism and I take it to class. It;s not that heavy, plus it's a work out. And if you can upgrade try it. My graphics card was custom though, I paid an extra $100, because my uncle is a computer analyst for ATI, so he installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom