partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgolf54

Baseband Member
hi, i ran a programme today called partition magic pro and discovered i have an error with partition #105. any idea how i can fix this ?

Backup your files to a network drive, DVD/CD or USB drive. After backing up your files use partition magic to delete the partition and recreate it. Realize that anything on that partition will be deleted including an operating system. So if you are going to go through this make sure you have your installation disk.

so i finlaly got my hands on an xp disk and rebooted it up to discover i now have 3 disk drives? when ive only ever had one which i found odd. so if i use partition magic then put xp my xp disk in and install windows xp from it will everything go back to how it should back to factory settings with pc angel and everything back on my comp?

thanks

3 disk drives? Those are probably just partitions.

It depends what you want to do with your system. If I were in your shoes, I'd delete ALL partitions there and create 1 big partition that takes up the entire space. Then format that to NTFS and install Windows on that. That way you don't have those BS FAT32 "recovery partitions" that are, well, useless anyway.

3 disk drives? Those are probably just partitions.

It depends what you want to do with your system. If I were in your shoes, I'd delete ALL partitions there and create 1 big partition that takes up the entire space. Then format that to NTFS and install Windows on that. That way you don't have those BS FAT32 "recovery partitions" that are, well, useless anyway.

Not useless when you're working in a repair shop, and the customer forgot their recovery discs, and you don't have a copy of the OEM disc on hand ;). Had to do that several times on laptop.

thats great! one thing is there any chance u can run through how i make one big partition etc? sorry not exactly a wizz on the comp as u can tell lol

thanks!!

Well, here is from the best of my knowledge without seeing the screens.

Boot from your installation disc.

It will take you to a blue screen that shows your 3 different partitions.

Delete the one that has the size of your machine (C:\) -- Just read what buttons to press to delete, I can't really remember the exact one.

After you delete it, it will say "UNPARTITIONED SPACE" and then it will have the size. Hit the key that will install the new partition on there and follow the directions.

You will want to do a Full NTFS partition when.

I think this is the correct order of everything. Might want to wait for someone to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom