CPU bus speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mullet

Solid State Member
Hi everyone im new here and have need some help. Im wanting to upgrade my cpu to a 3.2ghz but my mobo spec says it can only take up to a 3.06ghz with a front side bus frequency of 400/533 MHz the cpu i want is a 3.2ghz 800 MHz will this work at all or crash and burn i have MS-6577 v4 (Neon2) mobo. also it says my mobo should only be able to use 1ghz memory but i run two and it runs great. THX JLR

What are you upgrading from? Doesn't make much sense to throw any money on a very old socket 478 system.

Does your system fully read the 2GB of ram? It does say max 1GB...

This is an HP, right? I would get a little bit more money and make a more reasonable upgrade. 3.2ghz on this system is still quite old. Which processor were you considering getting?

I have a Presario SR1103WM it came with a 2.53 GHz cpu and has a ms-6577 v4.1 mobo with a 845gv chipset . It reads 1.99ghz or 2039 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM. Im trying to make it as fast as I can so when I finally build my comp ill be able to give it to my cousin who is just getting into comps. I want to put a INTEL Pentium 4 3.2 GHz SL6WG SOCKET 478 into it but I don't know if it will work. If it dosent im stuck with a 3.06 GHz as my max. Thx JLR

ok well, i would recommend this upgrade for now, but if you can get more money, then you can make it better.

Newegg.com - ASRock G41M-S LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5300 2.6GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model CM2X2048-6400C5 - Desktop Memory

this should fit in your current case, and total is $160. If thats too much money for you, then you should consider buying some used parts, and you can still get a good upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom