new build component help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

liamr1984

Beta member
alright then people i know theres loads of these threads about but i wanted some more personal advice am looking to spends around £400 the specs ive looked at are :
1,AMD Phenom II X2 545 Socket AM3 Dual-Core Processor £66.64
2,MSI 770-C45 AM3, DDR3, PCI-E, SATA2, GBLan, ATX £49.39
3,Geil 4Gb (2x2Gb) DDR3 1333 Brushed Titanium Kit £66.13
4,320Gb Samsung Spinpoint T 7200rpm 16MB Cache SATA HardDrive £33.64
5,CoolerMaster eXtreme Power 500W ATX PFC PSU £38.81

i am wondering will this work well and be fairly future proof, and what is a good graphics card capable of playing games such as wanted, hitman, command and conquer, maybe colin mcrae dirt 2, for less than £100 am i asking much, all help would be appreciated!

that comes out to around 250 pounds... You'll definitely need a quad core if you want this rig to be fairly future proof.

You don't need DDR3, but if the price difference isn't much, then DDR3 makes sense. See if you can upgrade that processor to a quad core. Which website are you using to pick out your parts? Depending how much you have left over, a 4870 or 5770 may be a card within your budget; or maybe even a 4890; but i really don't know how prices are over where you are, i'd need to see the site you're looking at.

the website i'm using is Eclipse Computers, i am looking into the quad core's and when it comes to time to purchase the components i will see if there are any offers about,

ive found a Sapphire 1024Mb ATi Radeon HD 5750 PCI-Express VGA Card for about £120 would this be suitable, and fairly future proof as it has dx 11 support!

ok, so the propus quad core is pretty much the same price as your phenom dual core, the ram looks good, the motherboard is compatible, but i don't know much about how good it is. You can get a 500gb caviar black for pretty much the same price, unless you're more comfortable with samsung. I've noticed that the powersupplies are pretty expensive over there, and i don't know too much about that coolermaster, perhaps someone might give some insight on that..

As for your video card, this may be within your budgeta; Eclipse Computers - Product Details
its the 5770 and is dx11 compatible and is fairly futureproof!

This should all be within your budget, although i admit i don't know how this VAT thing works.. so it may be over budget..

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom