ATI on a Nvidia board. And new PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I need room for improvement later, Decided to go 850 for now since 1000w models seem to be flawed. Also seen antec power supplies for cheap at a local store, thinking of getting those maybe.

They state that it is a recommended amount, not the exact amount that you use. They add wattage to make sure you have enough. However when I used it, it came about 45 watts more than I use. And if you don't trust the calculator, then you can just try to estimate everything. I do believe most things on Newegg show their power consumption.

It's just maximum consumption added up, to put you on the safe side rather than your system shutting down when you push it hard.

Even 850 is wayy more then enough for two vid cards and a hdd or two. Friend's using a corsair 750w with Xfire 4890s and two hdds no problem. I've got the same 750, but I only have a 4850 and 3 hdds. Although I just went with the 750w for future use in other builds.

Even 850 is wayy more then enough for two vid cards and a hdd or two. Friend's using a corsair 750w with Xfire 4890s and two hdds no problem. I've got the same 750, but I only have a 4850 and 3 hdds. Although I just went with the 750w for future use in other builds.

I'm just going 850 for now for future upgrades. Staying on the edge is not good and it's waste of money to keep buying new ones later for only extra 100w.
If I stay on this build it's going to be

O Core 2 Quad Q9550
X GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P
O G.Skill 2gb x4
X 4890 X 2
O 5 x 750 Black Caviar WD
O 2 x random drives from samsung
O Omega Claro Plus(sound)
O Fans. Alot.
X Some PSU

Or I can go cheap AMD build with 965 x4 and DDR3, just realized DDR3 got dirt cheap :p

Antec PSUs are good. Actually, they used to be the main brand recommended around here a while back. Then Corsair came out and everyone went nuts for them. Me, I still like Antec.

Antec PSUs are good. Actually, they used to be the main brand recommended around here a while back. Then Corsair came out and everyone went nuts for them. Me, I still like Antec.

This computer has it. I'm on a 7 year old P4 computer thats running really well with antec PSU, even my parents' computers have them. Corsair is just a bit overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom