Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Performance Issues and general slowness

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Performance Issues and general slowness

Yes Prefetch is not as good as Superfetch or they wouldnt have dropped it. But the point is that XP with 2GB of RAM is MORE than sufficent. There is no reason what so ever to suggest going to 64 Bit and 8GB of RAM when what he has is already above and beyond better than what is needed to run XP and overload it to any degree.

Without knowing what the member does with their PC to base the answers off of what you need and do is inappropriate. They are not you and dont need the same things you do. So while you run Aion and need the extras, they may not. I dont and i can operate jsut fine with 2GB of RAM and 32 Bit as i have for well over 5 years. It wasnt till early this year that i jumped to 64 Bit and 4GB and i still have yet to utilize it all.

Performance is a myth. You can run benchmarks and all that stuff. But the fact is that different people have different needs. There is no way that running 3DMark is going to tell me i need a Core i7 with 16GB of RAM to do what i do.

My point is to ask questions for what THEY do. Get information from THEM. Dont suggest what you think they need based on what you do.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.