HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM-Tech

Baseband Member
I got a computer as a present months back the DELL Studio XPS 435MT
came with the Core i7 920 2.67GHz, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Sticks, ATI 4850 i did some upgrades to a 1TB HD and a new PSU corsair 450w and a NZXT Mid-tower.

Its been on the warm side for a while, so i bought a New CPU cooler (Ultra Chilltec),
but couldn't install it because of the mobos limitations.

So im really fed up with the limitations of the mobo,it sucks cant do nothing! :cry:
and im ready to get myself a new LGA 1366 Motherboard.. I have a Budget its MAX $160.

So please i need all the suggestions possible on good motherboards for that price, i know
you guys are good for it. Thanks in advanced.

yeah.. intell boards are way over priced.. for that money you can get a smokin AMD based MB..

the second link you posted hef, it sounds like a bad choice.. as far as the reviews go.

Thanks everyone i really thought ill more options than that, but ill deff be
looking into to them.

Heres a problem i had maybe you guys can help..

When i tried to install the new Cooler, i took off the original backplate
to replace it with the 1366 one that came with it.. then i noticed that the backplate
Held the HEATSINK and the CPU Locking system... so ill need a separate plate (the little one to hold just the locking system one) can i buy this? or something any thoughts?

this might help you understand more..

2009-10-21192236.jpg

Thanks again.

I answered your question above, about the bracket, in your other post. People will get tired of reading multiple threads about the same problem fast, when they do, you'll stop getting help. And it seems like you have a whole another thread about that piece of crap Ultra heatsink, and you didn't listen to the advice given.

I posted the thread multiple times because i realized i shouldn't post something about HARDWARE problems in a BUILDING OR UPGRADING Section just trying to be correct, and you're not getting what the problem is.. BOTH (locking system and Heatsink) are on the same brackets, the heatsink comes with 4 screws that just screws down on the bracket, there's no possible way to put another bracket on top of that one.

Well the MSI board sounds like the winner.. will it have the space you need to put the after market braket on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom