ATI on a Nvidia board. And new PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnToxication

Solid State Member
Yeah, I got a evga 680i board right now, going to buy single Sapphire 4890 Vapor-X .

Also I am going to get 1000w Corsair, and GIGABYTE EP45-UD3P later for crossfire.

I know you can put a single ATI card in a nvidia board but it will not function at its full potential right? or am I trippin?

it doesnt matter what mobo you put it in, wont make a difference.

and you dont need a 1000w corsair for xfired 4890's. the 750w will be plenty.

Up until the other day I was running a ATI 3850 on a Nvidia nF4 board, no problems. ;)

^ That egg calculator is not right at all. It tells me i need 200W more than I use.

They state that it is a recommended amount, not the exact amount that you use. They add wattage to make sure you have enough. However when I used it, it came about 45 watts more than I use. And if you don't trust the calculator, then you can just try to estimate everything. I do believe most things on Newegg show their power consumption.

Yea im never sure about psu recommendations either.

I recently bought a kill a watt(watt meter) device and plugged my computer into it (e8400, 8800gt, 3 hdd's ect.) and the watts from the wall at load playing TF2, was 240W. Much lower than i anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom