Installing a Video Card over a Integrated one

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomS

Beta member
I've bought a Nvidia 9500 video card for my terrible Nvidia 7100 GS Integrated video card, but I have no idea how to install the video card over my integrated one. I've installed video cards before, but not over integrated ones. So can someone provide me with step by step instructions? And yes I have empty slots for my video card.

I've bought a Nvidia 9500 video card for my terrible Nvidia 7100 GS Integrated video card, but I have no idea how to install the video card over my integrated one. I've installed video cards before, but not over integrated ones. So can someone provide me with step by step instructions? And yes I have empty slots for my video card.

just install the video card the same as installing without a intergrated card

then go to nvidia。com to download and install drivers

(some say you should disable your intergrated card after you install a video card, but in my experience, haven't caused any problems leaving it on)

just install the video card the same as installing without a intergrated card

then go to nvidia。com to download and install drivers

(some say you should disable your intergrated card after you install a video card, but in my experience, haven't caused any problems leaving it on)

Plus, with prebuilts (not sure if OP's PC is prebuilt) you get that occasional crappy BIOS that doesn't allow to disable the integrated.

I got it to install, by sadly when I tried to install the Driver from the CD, it refuses because I dont have Vista 32 bit. I have Vista x64 bit. Any fixes for this?

go onto nvidia's site and download the drivers from there. the CD drivers are out of date by now anyway, especially with that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom