I'd like a good gaming PC... I don't have lots of cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigdipper

Beta member
Hello all

The title says it all. I need to buy a new PC because I won't have the one I'm using for very much longer.

It crossed my mind that if I'm dropping money on a new PC, I may as well buy a gaming PC and use it for more than just surfing.

I know I'm way out of my depth when it comes to components (all the numbers and letters after each part make me feel dyslexic, I'll be honest!) but at the same time I'm not a newcomer to PC's. I know the difference between a GB and a TB, between a DVD and a Blu-ray.

What I'd like to ask, and what I hope someone might be kind enough to help with, is if it's possible to buy/build a good gaming rig for around £800 or lower? (I live in the UK, but if buying the whole thing or parts from the US is cheaper then so be it. Though I don't know a lick about building either)

If it helps, here are a few things you should know about my requirements:

• I don't need a blu-ray drive unless 5 years from now every game is only available on a blu-ray disc (physically, I mean)
  • I understand the benefit of more storage but unless it's the same value for more, I don't need more than 150gb or so. I don't store much on my current PC and don't see that fact changing in the future.
  • I'd love to be able to play the newest games at a usable speed with graphics that aren't ugly. (This part is where I need the most help) I don't need to drop money on the fastest processor or the most powerful graphics card out there, but I would like to future-proof it for at least a couple of years.
  • I'd also like the RAM to be fairly good, as I'm the sort of person who can't wait for one task to finish before I start the next 3.
  • The tower itself doesn't have to be beautiful looking. Functional is all.
  • I don't play games for ridiculously long periods of time either, so I don't THINK the whole cooling system thing should cost me an arm and a leg. An average solution for an average price would suffice.

So all in all, a PC I can use for several everyday tasks at once that will run them all fairly quickly, play current games well and continue to work efficiently for the next few years... for around £800.

Am I asking for something that's improbable/impossible?

Like I said, if anyone could offer help (or at least a kindly "That's not realistic") it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

I'm not in the UK so can't help, but an 800 budget is a very good rig... Where abouts are you.. could save you shipping.

BUT do you need a momitor, keyboard mouse, and windows? Do you have an old systems to steal from, dvd etc.

I'm sure thr ukers are starting to get on after work, so they'll answer you.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Perfectly realistic as Paton said; I'm in the UK and can put a build together on Scan or eBuyer or somewhere, if you answer the 'do you need x and y and z'.

I'm not in the UK so can't help, but an 800 budget is a very good rig... Where abouts are you.. could save you shipping.

BUT do you need a momitor, keyboard mouse, and windows? Do you have an old systems to steal from, dvd etc.

I'm sure thr ukers are starting to get on after work, so they'll answer you.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Thank you kindly. It's reassuring to know that £800 is enough.

I don't need a keyboard and I can get a decent mouse from anywhere but I do need a monitor, thank you for the reminder.

Perfectly realistic as Paton said; I'm in the UK and can put a build together on Scan or eBuyer or somewhere, if you answer the 'do you need x and y and z'.

That's very kind of you.

I'm happy to answer the 'do you need x and y and z'. What exactly do you need me to do?

The x,y,z are Just do you need monitor... yes.. key/mouse.. no,

What about OS? And Where in the UK are yha...

The OS I need would be Windows Vista/7, I guess it depends on what works best with the processor/graphics card combo, right?

I'm in the Nottinghamshire region of the UK.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you very much for taking time to look into this for me. That's a very reasonable price considering the parts included (and the huge screen!!)

Also, thank you to the other users for their inputs :big_smile:

May I ask... if I purchase all of these parts, will this company build it? (and if so, will it significantly increase the cost?) OR.... are there any companies you can recommend who will build it for a better price? OR... is it possible for me to assemble the parts without ruining it?

I'm willing to give it a go, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom