AMD build

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrayilgunas

Beta member
Im looking to build a gaming/multimedia pc round the AMD Phenom II x2 550
I know a few people who have built there own which has kind of inspired me to do the same
The only problem is im rather new to the whole idea of building so don't quite know which components to go for.
The two main things i'm really stuck with is finding a suitable motherboard, aswell as a compatible graphics card.
Im hoping to use my tv as the moniter as its full hd, so im willing to splash out a bit more on the card.
Any suggestions to which motherboard and graphics card to go with would be greatly appreciated!

do you need help picking the mobo and gpu? or all the parts for your rig also? what will you be using your system for?

whats your budget for these parts or all the parts?

there are also some other cpus you could look at from the same price range.
like this phenom ii x3 (triple core)
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 710 2.6GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

or you could also look at the athlon ii x4 (quad core)
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Its just the mobo and gpu really.
i had considered the AMD Phenom II X3 710 also.
got a bit of a budget, say about $800 but if need be i might stretch it a bit further

im assuming you mean $800 for your whole rig? if you want, well help you pick parts for your whole system with that budget, just say what you also need included, like the tower and everything in it, an OS, a monitor, keyboard + mouse if needed.

or if you just want help picking a mobo and gpu, post the budget you have for those.

what will you be using it for mostly though? gaming, web surfing, general office use?

its only gpu and mobo really
i know a few shops that i can get the rest of what i need fairly cheap
proabably about $300ish. the cheaper the better but as i said im willing to stretch it for the gpu so i can run it through my hd tv.
im just looking for something good for gaming, hopefully to replace my laptop too so need to take multimedia and websurfing into consideration

GPU's are crossplatform, most of the time, unless you want SLI. The 4890 is an excellent choice, as it has an integrated audio chip, so you don't have to worry about hooking up more lines to get audio through HDMI. The 4890 is more than capable of playing most games on a 1080p resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom