Are Seagate HD's good, cause I need a HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, he's banned again b4 he has a chance to answer my ?, so...

can anyone else explain what he means... is he talking about for example - native command queuing for SATA?

i have a hitachi and a seagate.. and i just bought the seagate.. haven't used it for long but its pretty quiet and quick.. im happy so far.. got the seagate at walmart haha

I actually have some horror stories involving the survivability of Seagate drives. I once dropped one while walking down a hallway, and ended up kicking it with my foot as it fell! It clattered down the hall and I thought for sure it was like shattered glass by then. Gotta love that SeaShell thing. Popped that sucker in, and it's still working away perfectly, 3 months on the line!

jolancer said:
can anyone else explain what he means... is he talking about for example - native command queuing for SATA?

Native Command Queuing was developed for SCSI hard drives and recently introduced for SATA. NCQ lets the hard disk get data in the most efficient order. Without command queuing the hard disk will get data in the order it was requested. On hard disks that don't support NCQ windows will usually use Tagged Command Queuing, not as efficient as NCQ. Command queuing can slow down your system under certain conditions.

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=431&Itemid=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom