Rebate/RMA question

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsoul

In Runtime
I purchased the Corsair 650TX with a $20 MIR from newegg the other day, and it is meant as an xmas present to me from my mother. Should I make sure that it works before i cut the UPC off and send it in for the rebate? Or would i be able to RMA it without the upc if it doesn't work. My mother is rather adamant about me not using/opening it until xmas, and there is a 2 week deadline for the rebate. What would be the best course of action for me to take?

You can send in the rebate .But you wont be able to RMA it at newegg.
You will be able to RMA at Corsair though.
So go ahead and send the rebate in.

I would test it but that is because I cannot wait. :) It is a great excuse.

Worst case it has a five year warranty so you can send it to Corsair if it is bad. Not as easy as the egg but will work fine. Corsair makes great psu's so no worries.
Welcome to Corsair :: Warranty

Alrighty that sounds good.

yes it is a great excuse, and my HAF 932 just came in today! I would so love to put the 650tx in the haf to give it a little test run :big_smile:

edit: I like the whole spoiler bit there. Didn't even notice it til now. I'm not too worried about the PSU being bad because everything i have heard about corsair has been top notch.

Give it a shot. Corsair knows how to pack a box. You can tell that it's a quality PSU from the look and feel of it.

Another question, same idea so i figured i'd keep it in this thread...

I just hooked up my new HAF 932 a couple hours ago, and the front fan has been making a slight noise every now and then. It will run smooth and normal, then out of nowhere it starts with the noise... Sounds like fan is off-balance/something is rubbing. It is still VERY quiet (my stock cpu fan is louder then the 3 case fans i have hooked up.) but i'm curious if this would be RMA-able or even worth it. My thoughts are if something is rubbing then that is putting a substantially increased load on the fan which will cause it to die much sooner, and it is rather annoying. What, if anything, do i do, or should i just suck it up and deal with it?

note: the fan is connected via Molex so there is no variation in RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom