preventing necroposting: auto close after 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread originator could request that the thread be opened back up. Currently, we use a three month cutoff that exclude stickies, threads indexed by a sticky index, and the original poster pulling the thread back up.

6 or 7 MONTHS? Sorry but no. There is No RMA out there that should ever take that long. There is no reason to dig up a thread from that long ago. Heck we barely keep people on this site week to week, let alone dig up a topic from 7 months ago and expect the OP to come back and respond.

The longest i see for RMA's is 4-6 weeks which falls way within the 3 Months period of 12 weeks. That would be double the length of any good RMA. At that point if it went 3 months and you still havent gotten your parts back, i would be calling for a refund.

As Trotter said, the OP can ask for it to be opened and get it going again.

Compromise: four to five months cut off date :p
What compromise? I've seen a lot of other forums where threads close after 30 days, or whenever a mod decides they're no longer active (literally days or even hours after the final post). Giving a thread 3 months is pretty generous as it is.

Well, someone had proposed 6-7 months, while someone else proposed 3 months. I just stayed right in the middle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom