Time for watercooling? Feedback needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, found some new stuff on the local classifieds:

The HW Labs Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Triple 120MM, and Laing D5-B 12V. Both look like they would work for my needs. Any objections? He's also selling an MCW60 which would knock that off my list as well.

Pass on the D5-B.

That radiator is only going to perform with some high pressure fans due to it's high fin density. If your fine with 40-50dB fans it's unbeatable. Otherwise go for a Swiftech.

Yup, I think I'll go for the 320...this is more of a experience building project than anything, not looking to break any records. Just want to get my feet wet for now :p

Now tubing, I want black for now, 1/2 plumbing conduit from homedepot a problem? I'm sure it's cheaper than the stuff from the comp store. Otherwise I was looking at:

NCIX.com - Buy Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Black 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet) - PFLEXP10-34-BK In Canada.

or

Koolance Tubing, Black PVC, 1ft/30.5cm [ID: 13mm (1/2"); OD: 16mm (5/8")] Products Model: HOS-13BK [HOS-13BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Also, any preff on the liquid? Do they make a big difference?
PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid Cooling Fluid (32 oz.) - Clear Products Model: PCICE-CL [PCICE-CL] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Yup, I think I'll go for the 320...this is more of a experience building project than anything, not looking to break any records. Just want to get my feet wet for now :p

Now tubing, I want black for now, 1/2 plumbing conduit from homedepot a problem? I'm sure it's cheaper than the stuff from the comp store. Otherwise I was looking at:

NCIX.com - Buy Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT Black 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet) - PFLEXP10-34-BK In Canada.

or

Koolance Tubing, Black PVC, 1ft/30.5cm [ID: 13mm (1/2"); OD: 16mm (5/8")] Products Model: HOS-13BK [HOS-13BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Also, any preff on the liquid? Do they make a big difference?
PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid Cooling Fluid (32 oz.) - Clear Products Model: PCICE-CL [PCICE-CL] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

i once tried some clear PVC pipe. it held and didnt leak, but it's a PITA disconnecting and removing it.

Hey, just pondering other options....would a single 295 cause less stess on the loop than the dual 260s? Would it really make any difference?

Hey, just pondering other options....would a single 295 cause less stess on the loop than the dual 260s? Would it really make any difference?

well a single GTX 295 would be a little more powerfull than dual GTX 260's. but the water blocks for them are very expensive. and i'd say that a GTX 295 would put a little less heat in the loop, maybe.

Yeah...I think it was just wishful thinking on my part....not worth the extra cash. I'm better off just pocketing the savings and putting them towards a new system next year.

So going to put the system into the TJ09:

Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Just looking for suggestions as to placement of everything . I'm planning on mounting the rad at the top (inside). Some cutting of the case will be required but I'm fine with that.

I was thinking of removing the 120mm and the 2 hdd cages to mount everything down in the bottom right. What do you guys think? I'd have a singe DVD drive, a single hdd and a fan controller.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom