Time for watercooling? Feedback needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was considering for the gpu cooling....looking at the prices not sure if it's worthwhile to use this type of cooling on a couple of 260s. If I did decide to go that way any recommendations on full cover blocks for the 260's?

As far as the res goes I think I'll just try and figure a way out of mounting it in the bays...fab up something.

Do I have any Yate loons? At last check I was down to 14...maybe I should pick up a few more :p

Thanks again guys, I appreciate all the help.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was considering for the gpu cooling....looking at the prices not sure if it's worthwhile to use this type of cooling on a couple of 260s. If I did decide to go that way any recommendations on full cover blocks for the 260's?

As far as the res goes I think I'll just try and figure a way out of mounting it in the bays...fab up something.

Do I have any Yate loons? At last check I was down to 14...maybe I should pick up a few more :p

Thanks again guys, I appreciate all the help.

For full cover blocks, EK, Danger Den, and Bitspower are all top notch.

Thanks....now maybe a noob question but what about using the mcw60s and using 90 degree and T fittings to connect the first to the second?

Yeah for full cover any of the brands aspire named are great... I prefer EK myself.

Is this what you mean?
90*<------- T-Fitting<--------Tubing

Card 2______Card 1 (disregard the underscores... just used them as spaces)

90*--------->T-Fitting------->Tubing

That may not look to clear lol... the arrows represent flow direction

That should work... Not sure if that's what your talking about though. I don't really like using 90* fittings. Just seems like using a bunch of them would restrict flow a lot.

Lol, yeah that just confused me more...

I don't know if this is clear but this is what I was thinking:

cpu flow----->90* into card #1---->90* flow out of card #1---->90* flow into card #2---->flow out of card #2

So no T line at the gpu, sort of look like the above photo ghetto style :p

Now would extra 90*really impede flow or put more strain on the pump to maintain the flow?

oh, lol. I think just bending the tubing would give a more clean look. If you plan to use 90*'s like these, then I don't think you will get the look you want.
Petra's Tech Shop

Yeah, it will impede flow a little, not too much though. The mc-tdx and mcw60 blocks are all pretty free flowing so flow rates won't be a problem.

Well, only one way to find out! I think I'll give it a shot like you recommended and see how that works...if I don't like it then maybe I'll try the 90* or just sell the blocks and try a couple of full coverage blocks.

I would just stick with the mcw-60s. I tend to not like the full cover blocks because when you upgrade you can't use them... And they are quite pricey. Your choice though.

Using gpu only blocks should turn out looking something like this:
stealth-sli-2.jpg

Hey, found some new stuff on the local classifieds:

The HW Labs Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Triple 120MM, and Laing D5-B 12V. Both look like they would work for my needs. Any objections? He's also selling an MCW60 which would knock that off my list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom