new apple mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Apple updates iMac line, adds `multitouch' mouse by AP: Yahoo! Tech

SEATTLE -

Apple Inc. updated its iMac desktop computer line Tuesday and introduced a mouse that responds to the touch of fingers instead of using buttons or scroll wheels.

Those were among the finishing touches on a holiday lineup Apple hopes will help maintain the momentum of the past several quarters, in which the company has grown stronger despite the economic downturn. On Monday, Apple reported its net income soared 47 percent from a year ago, sending shares up sharply in Tuesday trading.

The updated iMacs have bigger screens — 21.5 inches and 27 inches, compared with existing models' 20 inches and 24 inches. They also have speedier processors and better graphics. The least expensive model costs $1,199, the same as the past generation, but the top-of-the-line iMac is now $200 cheaper at $1,999.

The wireless Magic Mouse, as Apple calls it, will be sold standard with iMacs or by itself for $69. It lets people manipulate what they see on the screen by pinching, swiping and using other gestures, similar to the control mechanism made popular on the screen of the iPhone.

Tim Cook, Apple's chief operating officer, said that after using the new mouse for a few months, sitting down at a computer with a traditional mouse makes him "want to throw it out the window."

Apple also made its least expensive laptop, the $999 MacBook, sleeker, faster and more like the higher-end MacBook Pro machines, with a "multitouch" track pad and a sealed-in battery that can't be removed.

Apple, which is based in Cupertino, Calif., told analysts Monday that it will pay more than it usually spends on air freight to ship the new iMacs and other items in time for holiday shopping. That didn't bother investors, who sent Apple shares up $8.80, or 4.6 percent, to $198.66 in midday trading.

Earlier, the stock touched $201.75 per share, nearing the split-adjusted all-time high of $202 set in December 2007.

All that comes to mind is a mouse with an ipod touch wheel thing on it :\ lol

Well, I expect we will have one into my workplace by the end of the week so I'll get to play around with it before we tear it apart. Honestly I rather like the all touch facet of the current Apple touchpads and am hoping that the magic mouse has a similar feel and ease of use.

It's out right now for $69. Pics n vids on engadget. I now love the high-end iMacs due to them having Core i5, ATI 4850, n 27 inch 16:9 screens. The prices r quite right n competitive! I'm impressed really.

It's out right now for $69. Pics n vids on engadget. I now love the high-end iMacs due to them having Core i5, ATI 4850, n 27 inch 16:9 screens. The prices r quite right n competitive! I'm impressed really.

$2000 is still a bit much when you can build yourself for like $500 cheaper :\ i know you have to take in effect the different OS might be worth more...screen better quality...but still would cost more than building a pc

$2000 is still a bit much when you can build yourself for like $500 cheaper :\ i know you have to take in effect the different OS might be worth more...screen better quality...but still would cost more than building a pc

look again at the parts. They are expensive. I feel this price is rightfully adjusted, or Apple is just teasing with me again :/.

look again at the parts. They are expensive. I feel this price is rightfully adjusted, or Apple is just teasing with me again :/.

$200 cpu, $100-130 GPU, and $400 monitor....

I was able to build my I7 rig for about $1500ish excluding the monitor so i doubt this iMac cost $2000 with it for cheaper parts :\

$200 cpu, $100-130 GPU, and $400 monitor....

I was able to build my I7 rig for about $1500ish excluding the monitor so i doubt this iMac cost $2000 with it for cheaper parts :\

idk just saying. Right now im having problems formating my Seagate 7200.12 1TB HDD to NTFS from RAW. I'm getting errors. I made a post in the hardware troubleshooting about it. I stopped the formatting n im really worried. Restarting PC for chkdsk to begin. Going to work too.

the new Apple stuff is nice, but you pay for a name (and cult membership). If Apple would release OSX for PCs they would have a real winner on their hands... unless you wanted to game.

The rest is meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom