Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Or you can do the smart thing and use canned air.

If you blow dust away with your breath the moisture in your breath can damage parts, and if you use an air compressor (unless its one that takes the moisture out of the air) the moisture in the air can create static electricity when you use it to dust off electronics, and I assume all of you know that static electricity and microchips don't mix very well.

If you blow dust away with your breath the moisture in your breath can damage parts, and if you use an air compressor (unless its one that takes the moisture out of the air) the moisture in the air can create static electricity when you use it to dust off electronics, and I assume all of you know that static electricity and microchips don't mix very well.

How is the smart thing to do using one time use cans of CO2 that cost like 3-5 bucks each?

You shouldn't be blowing dust out when the computer is running, and the amount of moisture in the air shouldn't be any worse than the humidity in some places.

How is the smart thing to do using one time use cans of CO2 that cost like 3-5 bucks each?

You shouldn't be blowing dust out when the computer is running, and the amount of moisture in the air shouldn't be any worse than the humidity in some places.

$3-5 for a can of CO2 isn't much compared to the costs of an air compressor (or the electronics you can ruin by using it)

The humidity in the air can create static electricity when you blow it on things using an air compressor if their is a good amount of humidity in the air. It may not be likely to happen but I would rather spend $5 on a can of air then using an air compressor and ruining a video card and paying another $200 for one.

$3-5 for a can of CO2 isn't much compared to the costs of an air compressor (or the electronics you can ruin by using it)

The humidity in the air can create static electricity when you blow it on things using an air compressor if their is a good amount of humidity in the air. It may not be likely to happen but I would rather spend $5 on a can of air then using an air compressor and ruining a video card and paying another $200 for one.

Components nowadays are much more resistant to static discharge than they used to be.

I've built systems on carpet, set components on carpet, used an air compressor countless times, and even had water spill on my video card through my blowhole while the computer was on and still survive.

I just hate it when the 24-pin connector is placed right in the middle of the motherboard.

The power supply's cables look short.

I'll give it a 6/10. It's not that bad, considering what you're working with there.

I actually won't buy motherboards with that placement...just too anal on my wire management, I just can't make myself do it.

I've built systems on carpet, set components on carpet, used an air compressor countless times, and even had water spill on my video card through my blowhole while the computer was on and still survive.
Same here, I've used my air compressor too many times to count on my computer. And I even drooled on my hard drive once (LOL), rinsed it with some isopropyl alcohol and it was fine.

Dude. Moisture in your breath damaging the components? lol, I suppose if you had a chronic dribbling problem then yes that might be an issue, but otherwise that's bs.

I had my old rig right next to my window (which I kept open a lot. THAT is something you shouldn't do). After two years I noticed the back I/O shield and tips of the ports on the mobo had started rusting. Yet everything was still running fine. So I'm not too worried about the moisture content in my breath when I'm cleaning out a PC :)

Dude. Moisture in your breath damaging the components? lol, I suppose if you had a chronic dribbling problem then yes that might be an issue, but otherwise that's bs.

I had my old rig right next to my window (which I kept open a lot. THAT is something you shouldn't do). After two years I noticed the back I/O shield and tips of the ports on the mobo had started rusting. Yet everything was still running fine. So I'm not too worried about the moisture content in my breath when I'm cleaning out a PC :)

Moisture in your breath can damage components either by static build up or the saliva that gets sprayed all over the chips. Anyways if you don't believe me it says on multiple guides on the internet not to blow on parts with your breath, along with the A+ certification book that I got last year.

However it is your choice what you want to do, if you want to risk damaging your PC that fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom