Which computer should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenapples

In Runtime
Are Dells good for gaming and upgrading?

I want to buy a Dell Inpisron for gaming and upgrading. Would a Celeron 450 2.5ghz be good for gaming and studio recording?

*edit*
I want to know what you guys think which computer I should choose and would be best for gaming, studio recording and upgrading here they are:

HP Intel Pentium Dual Core Computer - Desktops | ShopAarons.com

Dell Inspiron Desktop - Desktops | ShopAarons.com

Dell Inspiron Desktop 4GB - Desktops | ShopAarons.com

Compaq Presario Desktop Computer System - Desktops | ShopAarons.com

Dell XPS Desktop Computer - Desktops | ShopAarons.com

Please help me! And tell me why you think it would be best for my needs!

Re: Are Dells good for gaming and upgrading?

Are you talking about a laptop? How much are you willing to spend. And if you're talking about a desktop... do not buy a dell.

Re: Are Dells good for gaming and upgrading?

The answers no.. You really should spec a budget, and get someone to build you a system.

All the ones you've found suck for anything but office type work, and older gaming.

You've chosen quite a few dells there :|?
Im guessing your a big fan

I'd also either go with the HP Intel Dual Core or the Dell Inspiron 4GB

Short answer- No.

No pre-built is going to be good for upgrading (compared to a custom). This is mostly due to lack PSU's and poor motherboards in comparison. I would highly recommend building yourself, as it is incredibly easy, will save you a ton of money, and you will get much better parts and built quality.

I agree with SapperX 100%. Unless you are buying a pre-built from CyberpowerPC or ibuypower (still would rather you build it yourself to save money), you are going to be very very limited to upgrades in the future.

Also, I noticed they were at Aaron's. If you're thinking about renting them, then don't. I got an LCD t.v. from there, and in all it cost me $1,800, t.v. only cost $400 brand new. Was planning on paying it off early, but the money didn't come in time, so the $500 it WAS going to cost me, turned into an extra $1,300. Plus, you will NOT get to upgrade the computer while it's still under contract, you will breach the contract. Save you the time, hassle and most of all, money.

Buying a prebuilt computer is not the best idea. The cases are usually crap, the motherboards/psu's/ram are usually really low end, causing many problems for upgrading in the future.

What's your budget to spend on a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom