Opinions on Buying a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
I'm looking to buy a new laptop in a few months, and I'm currently looking at the HP Pavilion dv3-2008tu, or perhaps the dv3-2016tx. Any opinions? I wont be doing heavy gaming anyway, so the graphic cards of these units are fine by me.

hmm not bad choice but it entirely depends what you are going to be using the laptop for. Try shopping around to fins a laptop that suits you

The problem with buying non-HP laptops here in the Philippines is that you'll be at the mercy of third party customer support, as I can't find any service center of any other brands except Dell and HP.

I'll be using the laptop mainly for school work (going for med school next year) like office apps, photoshop, light graphics for presentations and publications, and some casual gaming.

I'd just avoid the intel accelerated graphics crap. Im shocked they even call them graphics personally. ATI is what you should aim for & then at least you will be able to watch decent movies & play some moderate games & flash stuff.

Is it possible to like, upgrade/replace the video card on a laptop?

Generally no, 99% of laptop shave the GPU integrated into the motherboard and you get what you buy. The small percentage of laptops that have separate cards are stuff like the high end Clevo brand units that Alienware uses and you cannot conventionally buy those cards on the open market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom