Advice on casual gaming/work laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillLeedham

Beta member
I'm looking at buying a new laptop to use for work –word- and the odd bit of gaming. Although I hate the phrase, I am a ‘casual gamer'. I don't need the fastest machine in the world, but would like to get games such as Empire Total War running at a reasonable setting. I was originally hoping to spend around 500 to 600 pounds but am not sure if I should spend a little bit more.

I was looking at this sort of thing, asus k40. What I've read online seems to suggest that it wont really be up to what I want, but it's hard to tell if the reviewers are just comparing it to the performance of high end models and that, although it might not look fantastic, it would be capable of running what I want it to run. On the other hand, my mouse seems to be straying to more expensive models such as the asus F6VE

If the first one i mentioned is alright that's great, if you really think it would be worth spending quite a lot more then say so, or if there are similar laptops from some other companys i haven't conciderd yet it would be great if you point them out to me. Any other advice would be great. Thanks alot, Will.

Firstly, welcome to Tech Forums.

when it comes down to gaming laptops, you need to make sure that has a good video card.
Check out the list here http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptop-graphics-cards-ranking-list-165525/
Check out any thing along the Class 2 Midrange Graphics Cards (if you can afford it) or Class 3 Low-Midrange Graphics Cards.

The other laptop company worth checking out is MSI.

When it comes down to gaming, I would not trust any thing with out a 2 year warranty and I have been plenty of laptop where the video card as died after 18 months or so. Main reason is that they do get hote.

Thanks for the advice, I like the look of some of the MSI gaming laptops. I think i will wait a while and spend a bit more.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom