Ugraded Video Card, now system runs slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrowookie

Baseband Member
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any answers to my problem. I recently upgraded my video card from a EVGA 768MB 8800GTX to an ASUS 896MB ENGTX260 and now for some reason putting in a much better and faster video card has made my computer run slower. For instance games like Rainbow Six Vegas 2, with the older 8800 GTX if I joined a game, I used to be able to join the game as fast as the host. Now with the new card it takes me from 30 secs to about a minute before I can connect to the host. I am not sure if this is actually the card but I will try putting in the old one again to see if it makes t better.

Also the Asus ENGTX260 comes with two other programs, one called GameOSD and ASUS Smart Doctor. All have been updated to the latest drivers/versions.

Could these be the cause of the slow downs in the game. The settings on the video card itself?

Oh yes I am using Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Intel 3.0GHZ Dual Core, 4GB Ram, 500Gb HD.

Please some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
afrowookie

I didn't think that was the problem, but it was the only thing I changed. But what else could be the possible cause of the slow down in the system and the game? When I see others servers I can see some with pings of as low as 90 to 200, so to me I don't think it is my connection. My connection is a 10MBit cable connection.

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom