Woohoo! New power supply time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
After buying my first BFG power supply, a little over a week ago, it has already failed. I'm returning it, and not buying BFG again (Not the first BFG product, that I have owned, that has failed...) Anyway, it's time for a new power supply. I'm looking to spend no more than $80. I've been looking at a re-certified OCZ from the Egg, $50 for a 600W, and 4 18A rails. Suggestions?

Newegg.com - Recertified: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS-B 600W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply

I do have to admit, my old PP&C was a VERY SOLID power supply. Although, the PPCS500, doesn't seem like a great candidate. It only has 35A on the 12V, and I do plan on upgrading quite extensively. (5850, 5870, or GTX285) (Phenom II 720, 940, 955) This won't be all at once of course, but would like to keep using the power supply I am going to buy now.

If you can, you should try and save up for a better PSU. It'd be worth the wait and would probably save you money in the long run.

I just got the Corsair 650 (forget if its tx/vx) it is single 12v rail @ 52amps and it was $60 after $20 mir. don't know if rebate is still going on or not, but even if it isn't it still fits your budget and you get 17 more amps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom