Help with HP Pavilion 751n

Status
Not open for further replies.

epagien

Beta member
Reformatted my HP Pavilion 751n a few days ago.
Currently use Integrated GPU.
Motherboard Specifications

I'm trying to install a 'ATI Radeon 9600SE,' but the computer doesn't detect the card.

So far, I have done the following:

1) Secured card into AGP slot
2) Reviewed BIOS settings
a) No setting to turn off onboard GPU
3) Started up computer
4) Windows XP shows no AGP device. Just IGP.

-----------
Has anyone ever reformatted their HP computer and successfully installed a AGP card?
- Do I need to install some mobo drivers? chipset drivers?

Please help

Go to HP website and check for a BIOS update that will enable turning off Intergrated Video and enable PCI .Leave your Monitor Plugged into your Onboard video.Shutdown turn off power Install your PCI Video reboot system.Cancel letting windows install the New PCI card.Use your Install CD or a new Downloaded driver installer exe and install the card.When prompted to reboot select cancel Shut down your system.Plug your monitor cable into your PCI Video Card.Reboot into bios and disable intergrated video enable PCI if you have the option.Boot into your OS .If your Intergrated video is still being detected and trys re-installing cancel the operation.I cant remeber if i usually unistall the onboard video at this time or just leave it alone hehe .But if its still being detected Go to device manager locate the Intergrated video and select disable never use this device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom