5870 vs GTX 295

Status
Not open for further replies.
the gt300's are going to be more focused on computing, and super computer clusters. There is no specs availble yet so no one knows how well they will perform in gaming. My guess is they will be a little bit behind ati for this round.

It looks like its still going to be good for gaming. So far all the rumors are saying it will have twice as many shader processors and that they are taking steps to make it faster at dual-precision processing.

And not to mention once better drivers come out, the 5870 may not be beat by the 295.

Isn't that what people were saying about 4870x2s? Did AMD release any better drivers for that card? I heard they're pretty bad with driver optimization compared to nvidia.

Isn't that what people were saying about 4870x2s? Did AMD release any better drivers for that card? I heard they're pretty bad with driver optimization compared to nvidia.

The HD 4870X2 was the top card when it first came out, nothing really beat it, until the GTX 295 came out.

Used to be bad in that area, I'd say they beat nVidia on that part now, with driver releases at least once a month.

The HD 4870X2 was the top card when it first came out, nothing really beat it, until the GTX 295 came out.

Used to be bad in that area, I'd say they beat nVidia on that part now, with driver releases at least once a month.

And they don't mind if people mod their drivers (actually enjoy it when people do), unlike Nvidia.

Only people I remember who did that was Omega (off the top of my head), and I think they stopped, correct?

There's actually quite a few, but Omega were the ones that continually updated theirs, as ATI came out with new Catalyst drivers. Omega did stop releasing new drivers, a little over a year ago, I believe. That was due to medical problems, or so the site says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom