Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Eric,

Control Panel>Ease of Access Center to turn off the Magnifier.

Also dont pay attention to the WEI. (Windows Experience Index) It is a arbitary number that holds no meaning or bounds other than to assign a anumber to your system for no reason. It isnt even teh same number system used in Visat which is why you might be confused.

Vista was based on a 5.9 scale. Win7 is based on a 7.9 scale and also accounts for SSD Drives. Which could easily explain why your score is lower in Win7, because it uses a larger scale.

As for the 32 Bit thing, we have had this talk. All i can say is with Server 2008 R2, they actually listened. there is no 32 Bit version. We can only hope they continue that trend.

thanks

I tried searching for this but really don't know how to....

I have eval build 7100 patched and Server 2003 patched. I work A LOT from UNC path whether it's moving files, renaming, opening, etc...it's a server and I keep my files on my server.

I'm having a problem though renaming and moving files here at home.
Workgroup environment.

I'll UNC to an admin $ and go the the folder I want to work with.
I CAN rename the folder however when I try to cut the folder and paste it in a higher directory it says
"the action can't be completed because the file or folder is opened in another program"

This doesn't matter if I've just rebooted the server and didn't open/touch anything.

I must RDP to my server to move the folder - even if I keep my UNC path open it will move no problem.

I'll go to my XP install, works UNC path no problem.

edit:
Both computers I'm the Administrator (not a admin, the admin)

50% of Businesses Will Deploy Windows 7 First Year, Survey

A survey of 1200 companies found that fully half of them plan on deploying Windows 7 in the first year of release. The article indicates that this is an indicator that many businesses avoided Vista upon release but are ready to move off XP. Are our IT Admin/CIO readers planning to go Windows 7 right away?

"Overall, the mood based on the survey comments, is generally positive," DiDio wrote in the summary. "However, some corporate customers did voice healthy skepticism on issues ranging from application compatibility to upgrade pricing for the commercial and business editions of Windows 7. It will be incumbent on Microsoft to respond quickly and efficiently to any technical issues that arise during the first wave of user deployments"

I starting to notices something. it seems like anytime I having the retard issue is whenever I'm using WMP. we already know that itunes is crazy on 7. does win 7 have issues handling media or using a media player?

Seemed like the WMP version in the RC was kinda iffy. Works better in the RTM.

I starting to notices something. it seems like anytime I having the retard issue is whenever I'm using WMP. we already know that itunes is crazy on 7. does win 7 have issues handling media or using a media player?
I cant say that it does. I stream stuff to my XBOX 360 just fine. I play all my music just fine and all my videos just fine. Even mounted media plays like a champ.:sweat:

Hmm i wonder about the Zune software on Windows 7. I will be buying Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM tomorrow off newegg for $99.99. Any tips that i should know? I plan on paritioning my 1TB HDD, when i get it. Maybe like 30-50GB. I was thinking of doing this in Vista first. I tried using gparted but i couldnt get that to work.

Back
Top Bottom