PROBLEM WITH MY SPEAKERS!!! NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

franky123

Solid State Member
hi!
i had recently formatted computer my self due to presence of viruses(did it myself).i installed my realtek audio driver.
now when i try to play any songs with any music player it either says the file cannot be read or players like vlc read it but i cannot lissen to any songs means all blank.
and when the spekers are not even connected the realtek sound manager gives me a message tht a cable is unplugged.
1 more thing i can listen to the windows welcome music and all and other stuff like opening of folders but cannot listen to music..
need help.plz
ty

Please complete all Microsoft Security Updates and Service Packs
It will work then, as long as you have installed the correct driver

Doesn't sound like a audio driver issue kimsland, if he can heard other sounds like windows then the drivers are fine. What you need to look into is what type of file extention your music files are, then get an audio player that will play those formats.

It can still be a driver
Many are updated often with release notes stating what errors were fixed
The "correct" driver should be confirmed as installed
This driver is found at the manufacture support page, HERE is a place I have put together some common manufacture driver support locations

guyz i downloaded the drivers....after the setup is almost over wen it is doing some setup with "realtek semiconductor corp." it says tht the setup has failed.nd the full install shield closes down...

Your Realtek drivers should be listed in Add/Remove Programs
Confirm they are the Sound drivers then uninstall them

Go to the Start > Run > Regedit > ok
Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CONTROLSET001 > ENUM
In there you should see a folder called HDAUDIO
Right click on HDAUDIO > Export and save the backup of this registry
Then delete the folder HDAUDIO (right click > delete)
Close Registry Editor

Locate your correct driver again, note you should be using the Motherboard or Computer manufacture driver
Download and save it, oh and unzip it to its own folder
Restart

You will receive found new hardware on Windows startup
Point the new hardware wizard to the Realtek driver folder
Allow it to install (By the way, some of these drivers are "Setup" only, in that case just close the new hardware wizard, and run Setup)

That will confirm the driver is correct

dude
when i tried to delete hdaudio form regedit.
it givs me an error-"cannot delete hdaudio:error while deleting"
this is wat i get
bt still i uninstalled nd reinstalled my driver it worked for me.
but after restarting the program is accquired again....tht is my windows media player does not read my songs sayin it cannot play due to an audio device is not connected.
and there is 1 more problem tht when my windows medai player was working i tried watching some videos on youtube...bt i could not lissen to any audio gond knws y???
plz help me out of dis...

Oh I couldn't read your reply clearly before
Did you end up trying exactly what I suggested?
You need to give yourself permission to do this
Do you need help with that?

Also try this:

Then restart Internet Explorer

geez I've edited this post 4 times now!

dude
i did wht u told me...bt the problem is when i try to delete hdaudio from regedit i cannot do it because an error.but still i go on and reinstall realtek audio driver ...
after restarting the sound works properly with no problem....
but after this when i shut down my computer and start again the same problem arises tht my windows media player cannot find a device hence it cannot play any songs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom