dvd drive not burning at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngforever1989

Beta member
well as of late ive been trying to burn dvds, movies, and they arent working. ive spent the better part of the day trying to figure it out but im just lost, like it used to work, but now nothing. i burn a dvd movie, and the dvd itself looks burnt with the bottom side different shades, u know wat i mean, but when i slide into anything, computer, dvd player, xbox, it read as blank. ive tried windows dvd maker, which for some reason keeps crashing on me, nero 7, windows media player, and ConvertXtoDVD, and absolutely no effect. ive tried reinstalling my drivers but no luck there either. I was able to burn music yesterday just fine, although i havent tried burning music again yet. im so effin lost i almost threw my mouse at the wall!:madd:

computer specs are:
Dell Inspiron I1720
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @1.86GHz
3 gigs ram
32 bit Vista home premium
dvd rom drive is -TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device

thanks to all in advance, seriously, imma about to rip my moniter of its hinges lol if any more info is need plz let me kno, also a side note, ive been having this problem for a while but it had seemed random and sometimes it wouldnt work on a certain brand, memorex being one thats given me the most trouble, but now its 100% of the time failure rate

I once had an issue like this
I uninstalled absolutely everything CD/DVD burning related (I had stacks of progs installed)
I also used the Nero Clean tool
And finally downloaded free ImgBurn, and it worked

But it could just be a faulty drive (can read but has issues burning)
Or even faulty discs

For laptops I recommend an external DVD writer, they always seem to work much better than slow laptop ones

well im in the process of doing just that with the burning applications, would codecs be somehow responsible for this? also at this time i dont have the cash for any new hardware so unless this is absolutely unfixable i will endeavor(also its my moms computer, i tell her her comp is broken she gonna be p'd lol), i use hers cuz mines and ancient piece of bantha fodder

well im in the process of doing just that with the burning applications, would codecs be somehow responsible for this?
No
Its more likely lots of DVD burning drivers all working terribly together

Actually I just think its the DVD Drive itself (and some blank discs)

Here's a good first options though:
CCleaner (always helps before burning)
Malwarebytes (its free and takes only a few mins to scan, then remove any known malwares)
Another case of discs (it is possible you have a bad packet)
A cleaning disc (check your DVD Movie collection, Mum may have bought one of these once)

well i kno we dont have a cleaning disc for sure, i pretty much handle all the media around the house, all my mom does is play pogo, i hate pogo lol. i just tried burning with divx and still no avail, ill try the programs u recommended and give it another go, and ill look around to see if we have a different case of dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom