holy cpu temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chump

Baseband Member
according to system information my CPU cores( all 4) are at 49-52 degrees...and like 47-50 using Core Temp....

New CPU's have thermal compound preinstalled right? How often should i reapply some? I am not even runining any heavy programs or games and my temps are high.

I have an AMD phenom II 950x4 black edition

here is more information, screenshots of the programs.

Imageshack - sicputemp

Imageshack - coretemptemp

The HSF usually comes with just enough of it on there. I've never had to replace any on any of my Intel parts, so unless it gets up to being extremely hot, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sitting at around.... 39-40 C idling with speedstep on (420x8.5 normal, 420x6.0 idle) using an Artic 7 Freezer Pro

Those seem about average to me.. What's the average supposed to be on this specific processor?

47-52 seem about normal. Your room temperature can have an impact on your computer temperature, too. Mine's idling at around 40 due to the aftermarket cooling. If you're really worried about temps like that, then you should look into one of these Arctic coolers, if they work on AMD chips. Zalman's also good.

That's not really bad...
I mean my 90NM CPU somehow broke the law of thermodynamics in getting to 65F in a 74F room with just air cooling. Those really aren't that bad.

47-52 is normal pretty much average, you should only get concerned if it goes 60C and over idling,
you can definitely shave some degree's off either with a good thermal paste, you can never go wrong with AS5, or a CPU cooler upgrade. like mentioned Zalman's are good.

Well i am only worried cause my first phenom II x3 710 CPU suddenly stopped working. After i sent to AMD for a replacement I sent them an email asking what was wrong with it but they never answered. So I ended up buying this new expensive one because i couldnt find my serial code at first, so now i have an extra brand new CPU. I just dont want this one to stop working.

So today i was putting my new HD in for windows 7 and i decided to put some new thermal paste on my cpu. While pulling off the unclipped heatsink my CPU came right off with it. It was pretty much glued to it and the only thermal paste on it was the amount that came already pre installed. 1 pin was bent and after carefully bending it back it lucky works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom