hmmm... what to choose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
Well, if all goes well with selling my old parts, I should have ~$600 for a 1366 mobo and ddr3 ram. I have been thinking to just go with the regular evga x58, but now that I will have some extra $$$ I have been thinking about getting the classified... what do you guys think?

If I go with the reg board and ocz golds, its comes to about $395 after rebates, leaving me with about $200 for something else.

Suggestions?

are you selling your 4890 too? you could crossfire it maybe. although, when you say regular evga x58, do you mean the sli le? if so then scratch the xfire, cuz i dont think it supports it.

Get the E758 with the golds and save for an SSD. You would get more out of an SSD than the classified.

Nah, not selling my 4890. By regular I mean the E758 A1.

Eh. SSD's seem overrated. I mean, all I do is game so I don't think it would be worth it, at least for me. The Supertalent drives seem to be pretty good deals though...

I think I like the crossfire idea... I will have to look at the benchmarks though, don't wanna buy another card if it won't scale well.

The Classified isn't worth it unless your planning on some extreme overclocking in the future and then it's still no guarantee :D

i probably wont be doing any real extreme overclocking... just extreme enough to beat soul's superpi time, lol.

I just remembered that the plastic SATA connector on my hard drive broke, and my little super glue quick fix makes me feel a little insecure especially with how much data I have on it. So I've been looking at getting a 750gb WD black..

Lol. Superglue ftw.

And remember Slay's #1 Super Pi time was on his E758... Before he burned it

Decided against the hard drive... Just found a 320gb my brother left down here before he left for school.

EDIT:
Just placed an order for my evga x58 and ocz golds. :D

That's some nice RAM :p. I was going to get those, but found the OCZ Platinums for $114 and decided to save the $.

had a last minute change of plans and got the golds instead lol... looked at some benchmarks and the ddr3 2000 just didnt seem worth it for the price. plus i got $17 off for a combo, and another $20 back in rebates with the golds so i just got those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom