zeabei.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionel326

Baseband Member
Hi
I don't know if I'm on the right place, but i need help desperately.
I have some folders on my thumbdrive, with common names like "My Documents, My Pictures, My music etc, but their sizes are only 1Kb.
When I put my cursor on them, it says "Location: zeabei(I. I've tried to delete those files, they remove, but when I eject, and re-insert the stick, they come back. I went to msconfig, startup, and there is something that says zeabei.exe. I went to the registry, and deleted that entry. But when I reboot, it comes back. I don't know what the heck it is. I know I inserted my stick in an infected pc ( dumb of me), but AVG won't detect any threats, spybot won't either. I really need some help on how to remove this. Btw, i have Windows Vista, if it serves of any help

Please follow > This Guide then...

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from HERE and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you run it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

EDIT
Let me know if AVG Forums respond as well ;)

Hey Kimsland
I've Downloaded the Flash Disinfector and run it, but the zeabei thing is thill there.
I noticed it also closes Internet explorer.
Heeeeeeeelpppp

I've used malwarebytes anti-malware,
Ad-aware
And the thing is still there.
I'm gettin really ****ed off

Hi
I don't know if I'm on the right place, but i need help desperately.
I have some folders on my thumbdrive, with common names like "My Documents, My Pictures, My music etc, but their sizes are only 1Kb.
When I put my cursor on them, it says "Location: zeabei(I. I've tried to delete those files, they remove, but when I eject, and re-insert the stick, they come back. I went to msconfig, startup, and there is something that says zeabei.exe. I went to the registry, and deleted that entry. But when I reboot, it comes back. I don't know what the heck it is. I know I inserted my stick in an infected pc ( dumb of me), but AVG won't detect any threats, spybot won't either. I really need some help on how to remove this. Btw, i have Windows Vista, if it serves of any help

I suggest going thruough the Quick Scan of my guide, mainly to see if MBAM picks anything up, if it does and it cant be removed then we will run combofix. Go back into msconfig>startup and click Disable All, then recheck your antivirus and reboot, then go through the guide. Vista

Well his thread on AVG Forum, they (support) have asked him to follow their guide as well
Of which I read and I must say is very bad. They state to remove System Restore points (not good as a first steps) and also run Spybots S&D ? What are they? mad?

Anyway that makes 3 guides. So it might be best that member lionel326 decides on one guide and one forum, so as not to cause confusion and possible contradiction
So please choose.

Well his thread on AVG Forum, they (support) have asked him to follow their guide as well
Of which I read and I must say is very bad. They state to remove System Restore points (not good as a first steps) and also run Spybots S&D ? What are they? mad?

Anyway that makes 3 guides. So it might be best that member lionel326 decides on one guide and one forum, so as not to cause confusion and possible contradiction
So please choose.

The AVG guide is lengthy and some tools dont really need to be run unless it removes a specific infection.

System Restore - I really dont have a problem with it, even if its not infected, you wont know if it works till you use it. I usually tell someone to Disable System Restore if I see it infected within the logs..

SS&D is garbage, its an old school tool back in the day when there werent that many tools or good tools to use, but now theres MBAM and Combofix and others that are better than SS&D.

I find that screenshots helps out more users who really dont know what to do when installing these programs and what works with their OS and what doesnt.

Ok guys, here's an update. I've formatted the harddisk, but I backed up all the Documents on a external Hard disk. Everything was ok, when I reinstalled the OS, (I installed Xp on another PC) I inserted the external harddisk, and went the check in msconfig again, I see a different process called "tauobex.exe" but has the same behavior as the zeabei.exe. I went to delete it in registry, but it keeps coming back. I started to scan the external harddrive, and AVG found a threat called: Trojanhorse downloader.Wimad.H.
But the thing is, that Ive got the process again on the harddisk, and I don't know I to remove it.

Someone metioned something about Hijackthis Log. I don't know what that is. Explain please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom