Artifacts... at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadloch

Beta member
i recent upgraded my antiquated computer with a 1gb stick of RAM and slightly less antiquated Radeon HD 4550 to play a specific game. It worked fine for a week with the drivers that came off the CD right out of the box. I decided to see if there were more recent drivers, and when i found some i installed them.

Shortly after textures started turning blue in busy areas in-game, characters disappear, and i'd crash to desktop. So i figured it was something with the driver, i booted in safe-mode, uninstalled it, cleaned it out with driver sweeper, and reinstalled the drivers off the disk, but it didn't fix the problem. I tried a system restore to a few days before the problem, didn't fix it.

So at this point i assume the card is shot somehow, even though it works on other games. So i plug in my old card... and it has the same exact problem as the new card. There is an issue somewhere and i can't figure it out. Could RAM cause video artifacts since it only happens in crowded areas?

I would try rolling back to the older drivers that worked or try downclocking the card. I had/have the same problem on my GTX 285. I just downclock the card and the artifacting goes away :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom