Acer 5920 Webcam issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
My mothers laptop, 5920 with crystaleye webcam reports as buisy when trying to use it.

So situation..
Bout 3 months ago, she was playing around with the Acer Arcade and made a short vid as a test. When she stopped it, and closed it out it kept saying, "stop recording before exitng" Which she had.
She ended the program some how, and thought nothing of it.

Now Yesterday
She went to use skype with a freind.. first time since makin the above vid, and skype reported the cam was buisy. She tried msn, and the crystal eye software.. No go, all say ts buisy.

Now, she uninstalled arcade and the crystal eye stuff.. nope
I uninstalled the webcam via the device manager and scaned for new hardware... nope

Check the event logs, and it seen an error that the arcade webcam software had an error trying to start.. It was removed and shouldn't hve been starting.

This leads me to think Arcade never released the cam from the video back 3 months ago.

I reinstall arcade, and it seems promising.. But no go.
loaded up cam software and the controls work vand cam lights up, so i hit record, and stop it. But alas.. no good.
Try it again, and controls don't work and no light on cam.

All this leads me to Windows not releasing the cam from arcade...

So, does anyone have any ideas...

Thanks

No.. Its all been done..

I think my mother might just re install vista.. She had an update mess up the OS abit ago too... bout the same time she had last used the cam.

I'm hoping software, but never seen a buisy hardware and hope its not broken.

You could open up Task Manager and see if the Crystal Eye Webcam process is still running. Knowing that you re-installed the drivers and everything kind of eliminates this process, but could be worth a look.

Its not crystal eye keeping it buisy.. its a program, i think, called dv wizard. Even removing it and the cam driver resulted in an error at startup, seen in event viewer, saying it can't find dv wizard.. Which was very odd.

No idea whats up... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom