Looking for a new gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

slikvic

Beta member
Hi,

I'm looking for a good gaming laptop with at least 4Gb of Ram and a screen size 15" or bigger and that won't overheat(i know many laptops have this issue). My budget is $1000 (though i might spend more if it's a great deal).
I've also been doing a bit of research and I've noticed a decline in computer prices. Should I wait til the Thanksgiving and holiday season sales or should are there any laptops that are just screaming "buy me now"?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. :big_smile:

Thanks a lot

~Victor

Welcome to Tech-Forums, slikvic!!!

This laptop is right up your alley:
Asus - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - White/Black - G51VX-RX05

Has 4GB of RAM, a 15.6" screen, can't guarantee the overheating (but ASUS makes alot of gaming laptops, so I think they got the cooling in mind when making them), and has a great graphics chip (GTX 260M) that will play most games at medium to high settings.

This looks to be a great buy, but I'm not sure if you want to wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, which I'm sure there will be tons of steals on laptops.

Welcome to tech forums.

For any gaming laptop, the 2 brands that i will be recommending would be Asus or MSI.
Alienware is good too but horribly over priced.
Don't go any thing with out a 2 year warranty as you will be giving your laptop a lot of punishment.

The big difference between a gaming laptop and normal laptop is the video card used.
Please check out http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptop-graphics-cards-ranking-list-165525/ . Go a class 1 card if you can afford it. Class 2 cards good too. I would not recommend any thing class 3 or lower if you planning on playing the latest games.

-b1gapl

Thanks for the link to that laptop. It looks pretty sweet laptop and I'm really considering getting it and I had no clue that Asus laptops were up to par(I knew they made good mobo's though). Thanks again.

-Keyboard Cowboy

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the recommendations. I read the Laptop Graphics Cards Ranking List...very useful information. I'm definitely going Class2 or higher.

Thanks
~Vic

Well, if you have $1000 to spend, get that ASUS and you will have a class 1. It is a good deal, anytime someone says $1000 gaming laptop, that is always the one that gets recommended. I wanted to get it, but my parents were only willing to go $800. It's probably better for me since I have this big desktop here, and my laptop is more portable than that one. A dude on my floor has it. It is really thick. He got it at the beginning of summer though, so he had to pay $1200.

Well I've decided to wait til Thanksgiving time...I heard from some friends that prices should drop a lot this year. I'll be on the look-out for this model as well as others. =)

Thanks for the update...I'll be on the lookout for that laptop model...I looks pretty sweet and I hope that the Thanksgiving sales kick in a lower the prices. =)

When it comes to gaming laptops, the 2 brands I will be considering are Asus and MSI.
Both brands seem to be offer a good quality bang for buck product. I could suggest Alienware, but they are expensive.
THe other thing about Asus and MSI is that they both have a standard of 2 years warranty. This is going to be worth your while as you will be punishing you laptop when you are gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom