Upgrade Cpu or Gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvvmm

In Runtime
Hello,
I was wondering of I should upgrade my cpu or my gpu. Which one would give me a better performance as in fps. What would do better in games?

Heres my specs:

Amd sempron 3400+ OCed to 2.16 GHZ
1.50 gigs of ram
8600gt 256mb ddr3
I know I got a terrible cpu. I was planning to upgrade my gpu to a 9800gtx+ or upgrade my cpu to a Amd Athon 64 X2 5200 Brisbane 2.7GHz.

What should I do upgrade my cpu or gpu?

I think upgrading the CPU would be a better benefit overall, in games and general system peroformance. Upgrading the GPU will most likely require you to upgrade your PSU, as well as being bottlenecked by a weak CPU.

What is the model and make of your motherboard? So we can further suggest the correct supported CPU.

I think upgrading the CPU would be a better benefit overall, in games and general system peroformance. Upgrading the GPU will most likely require you to upgrade your PSU, as well as being bottlenecked by a weak CPU.

What is the model and make of your motherboard? So we can further suggest the correct supported CPU.

I have a zotac 8200 value motherboard. I also have a corsair 550w psu installed so I dont need to upgrade my psu.

around $70 or lower.

You won't get much farther for $70 on a graphic card, but you can get a dual core CPU.

Can you tell us the specific model of your Zotac motherboard? There's quite a few variations of the 8200.

It's either the A-E, A-E w/ HDMI, D-E, or C-E (mini ITX).

You won't get much farther for $70 on a graphic card, but you can get a dual core CPU.

Can you tell us the specific model of your Zotac motherboard? There's quite a few variations of the 8200.

It's either the A-E, A-E w/ HDMI, D-E, or C-E (mini ITX).

its D-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom