Computer not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so i did the bench test and still nada..... someone mentioned seeing a green LED light on the motherboard, i dont see one. So could the Mobo be fried then or the power supply not doing what it is suppossed to....

ok, i just pulled out the processor and noticed some of the pins were bent. Would this be the wjole trouble i am having.

I'd say yes to, processor pins is something that is never supposed to be bent or touch in any sort of way.. check that out immediately.

is this the first time taking your processor off its socket?

I have never taken out my processor before, so it had to have been the computer tech store i took it too. I dont think they even locked it down because when i released the fan it came up with it.

Can you take these processors to a professional and have the pins restraightened or am i gonna have to buy a new dual core processor.

To me that sounds very suspicious
But its true that through age and heat that sometimes when removing the CPU Heatsink the CPU itself may be lifted out with it (as the CPU thermal paste has hardened to the heatsink so much)

Is it possible that you bent the pins whilst removing it?
If not, then it must have been them

You can try to straighten the pins yourself, I have used a flat ruler and tweezers or tiny pliers to bend them straight again (you might want to upload a pic of it before you try this)

You also need to re-thermal paste the CPU (obviously clean it first)
Here is a guide on that procedure: Arctic Silver Incorporated - Route to Product Instructions for Arctic Silver 5

thanks, i was kinda hoping i could straighten those. Might have to use a magnifying glass to see them good also. I will try to get a pic of it before i attempt this.

ok, so i have got those straightened after a few hours of patience and still a no go. There is no green LED on the motherboard, everything runs except the lights on the front that shows the cpmputer is running. The only front light staying on is the power button. So i guess i am in the market to buy a new mobo, so should i buy just the mobo or get the mobo and cpu combo.

That is a difficult question to answer
A new CPU may fix the fault in full, but then you are risking it and not exactly under warranty (if the M/b is also faulty)

I suggest both, but this is your finance permitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom