Please help, new building...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi. I just build my first computer but I can't boot the computer without windowxp disk, when I try to restart the computer without the windows xp, it say on the black screen please insert a boot disk. The hd that I put on is not new but I format it and put a fresh copy of windows on. What can I do to make it boot without the winxp disk?
Also why my AMD Sempron 2400 only shows at 1000 ghz when it is 1.67 ?
Thanks in advance.

He knows that, he said it supposed to be 1.67ghz. You will have to go into your bios and set the first boot device to your hdd and then floppy, then cd-rom. The first one is the only one that really matters, the other two can be switched up. As for the clock speed, go into your bios and see what the multiplier and fsb are set to and stuff.

You will have to go into your bios and set the first boot device to your hdd and then floppy, then cd-rom.

He shouldn't have to set the boot sequence to IDE-0....he should be able to boot up just fine without having to put in the WinXP CD or changing the boot sequence. It's simply supposed to go past the CD-ROM and floppy if nothing is in there, but I usually change it to IDE-0 first just to save those precious nanoseconds.

Did you install your new parts THEN do a fresh format and install of the hard drive? Because if you didn't do that, then you should have to give all the new components a fresh drive with drivers and all that good stuff, don't want any conflicts with these things.

Demalii is probably right about what your multi and FSB should be. But generally the multi is picked up automatically and the FSB is by default at 100 when installing a new mobo or CPU. So it could be that you are at 10x100 = 1Ghz and it needs to be 10x166=1.6GHz.

Yup just did a quick look and your CPU is 333MHz FSB so your multiplier is probably defaulted at 10. Go into your BIOS and change your Clock Frequency to 166 and make sure your multi is indeed at 10 before you save your settings and restart.

Yes Nubius I did format the hardrive after installing my new parts.
Thanks guys I will try later today after work.

I got to boot my computer, but now I can't change my CPU speed because in the BIOS the letters are in bold and can't access them. Oh also I change the DRAM CLOCK to 133 for Byspeed to see if that worked but nothing. Do I have to change that to BY SPD?
Thank you very much guys this is the only little problem with my first computer build :) , other than that I am very happy with it.
Thanks.

Thank you for your help gentlemen. I set the jumpers to right speed and it is ok now:).
Now my asus mobo has an onboard video and I try a dvd movie today and the picture is not good. Does all onboar mobo's have bad video? what can I do to fix this?
Only this little problem to fix so I can be 100% happy with my first build.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom