Big problems with Epson Printer drivers. I poked around the reg :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Ok so I'll try to keep this short. I was trying to use my older epson R320 printer to print on a DVD disc. The driver wasn't installed for vista so I had to install it. Well I was able to do so but during this process I also installed the wrong driver for a R340 model. Well that stupid printer would show up every where. I uninstalled it and deleted every folder I could find for it but no matter what when ever I hit print some where it would show up as one of the available printers.

So last resort I went uninstalled ALL EPSON software and drivers. I then went into the registry and deleted every instance of "Epson" or "R340".

Now when I connect my printer it doesn't install the drivers automatically like before and that is the only way to install them. I cannot find the driver online. :(

I don't know what to do now.

Do you have a backup of your registry? Or do you have a System Restore point you could use?

The Epson R320 printer uses standard Vista drivers and does not require any extra manufacture drivers

You will need to do a System restore, or a Repair of Windows to get your standard Windows drivers for Epson, back ;)

Oh Trotter replied :)

don't think I have a back up. I shouldn't have been in the registry to begin with! :(

Not sure if I have a system restore. I don't use it...don't want to either if I can.

Any other way around it?

Edit: Also all other printer options are gone. Like Adobe printer for pdf's

Best to confirm if you have a System Restore point
Note: Before editing the Registry you should always have System Restore on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom