Buying a NEW 1366 LGA Heatsink question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM-Tech

Baseband Member
I'm upgrading my Core i7 CPU Cooler and i have my eyes on the ULTRA ChillTec i7compatible Thermal Electric CPU Cooler.

I would like comments about this product if possible and also good suggestion on even better ones if there is for the price of it.

The lowest price I've found was $99 the highest was $129.99

ULT33186-fff.jpg

ULT33186-ggg.jpg

ULT33186_LR_2a.jpg

The Ultra ChillTec is not worth it. I looked at some reviews and to be honest, it wasn't very impressive for how much it cost. You're better off with getting either the TRUE or Megahalems with two 120mm fans for a push-pull configuration.

The Ultra ChillTec is not worth it. I looked at some reviews and to be honest, it wasn't very impressive for how much it cost. You're better off with getting either the TRUE or Megahalems with two 120mm fans for a push-pull configuration.

exactly. i second the true with 2 120mm fans. (push/pull)

I don't recommend actually lapping the cpu itself unless your still having heat issues after lapping the heatsink. But you can lap the i7 with excellent results, it just voids your warranty which applies to any cpu. Here are a few pic's :D
true3.jpg

here's my i7 920 lapped
lapcpu.jpg

and some temps after running LinX @ 4.2GHz
newtemp2.jpg

Okay thanks for the suggestion i really appreciate it, Ill make the decision and come back with some pics of the temps, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom