Another Ram Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vance43211

Banned
I installed 2X256mb mosel ddr pc3200 on a MSI K7N2 Delta-L motherboard

eveything is fine on regular mode.

but on dual channel mode the computer is superfast but it will lock up just as quick with a blue screen stating a hardware error has occured.

My question

is this cheap ram? the store told me it was top of the line

can this motherboard act right in dual channel mode. is this a good motherboard?

using the t-prompt, type the following:

edit onbdconfig.tcp

remove the masking forwarded to 'single transway' to 'dual (sometimes double) transway'.

this will configure the north-bridge to retrieve packages in two installments.

dude.....why are you just causing trouble for yourself?
You actually think that I think that you may know what you are talking about???? I wasn't born yesterday. later......

Mel, I know you have expert knowledge in configuring hardware, but this thing u told (will not work on all boards as boards come locked)

try for yourself, you'll get blank screen, and the person u're suggesting this, i'm doubtful he'll ask how to update BIOS, and u r telling him something that I even have to think about how to configure. again requesting, please be as easy as ABC.

thanks again!

I updated the bios.

using the t-prompt, type the following:

edit onbdconfig.tcp

remove the masking forwarded to 'single transway' to 'dual (sometimes double) transway'.

this will configure the north-bridge to retrieve packages in two installments.

what do you mean?

just ignore what Mel said,

you'll get confused.

does it helped? upgrading the BIOS?

also, your mobo is good, not to worry.

please tell me your operating system. in last, if problem still exsists,

try using 1 RAM, and see if works. and if you can, get Kingston DDR's (stable as rock)

Can you give us what the blue screen error stated? It maybe very important in finding the solution to your problem.

I will hook it up in dual channel mode and post what it says.

I have ontracks fix it ultilities. when I test the ram in dual channel mode, it flunks some of the test and some of the possible solution is bad ram.

when I run it in regular mode, all of the tests on the ram will pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom