DDR3 RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth losing when you don't need it. Unless he's using it as a workstation most of the time he's just slowing it down.

I am actually using it for high end gaming like Crysis, Need for Speed, Far Cry 2 so I think more memory will give me the advantage.

^not really, no. 4gb is plenty for that. The extra 2gb isn't hurting anything, just not letting you run in dual channel. But the extra 2gb might as well be the same as 4gb dual channel for that use, it is unlikely that you would see any difference.

yup, thats me haha i just wish i could afford it.

my dads comp has 16GB DDR3 Dual Channel hes runnin 64 bit 7

What the **** does he need 16GB for?

Hopefully he isn't using his computer for just Crysis, I'm guessing your dad is doing some kind of professional work? Crysis @ 2500x1600 resolution, Ultra High Settings and 64 bit doesn't even use 4GB. It is almost impossible for any gamer of any sort to use over 4GB, let alone 6.

God, I remember the day when Ram was everything. Now its the most overrated thing in the computer world. :(

I swear man, I work at Best Buy selling computers and what not. (I'm 17 so give me a break).. and I have to explain to 99% of people that come in what RAM is and why 2-3GB is enough for just browsing the web. Yet they still insist that the MUST have at least four because that's what their "geek friend" recommends... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom