Look at this log please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4GB of ram.
startup%20program.jpg

what hjt is telling you is simply that it can't find the file that the service points to (which can simply mean that it couldn't get access, hence the suggestion to run as administrator). I originally assumed that there was a reason you were looking at those specifically.

If both hjt and mwb are showing clean, it's probably not malware related.

cpu spikes can be caused by a number of things. Get rid of addons you don't use in ff. uninstall unnecessary and unwanted software, run ccleaner... general optimization kinda stuff. If you want to see what's causing the spikes, watch task manager and sort by CPU. It'll tell you what's using the resources.

Edit: started typing before your last post. "Startup Control" is much more comprehensive than ccleaners startup tool.

I have 4GB of ram.
startup%20program.jpg

4GB of ram or not, disable all but your antivirus and MBAM and then reboot.
If this doesn't work then we will try something else. I to have 4GB of ram but I see no reason whatsoever to leave all sorts or programs running for no apparent reason.

Run CCleaners Cleaner and then the Registry Cleaner as well.

startup7.jpg

startup8.jpg

startup9.jpg

startup10.jpg

startup11.jpg

startup12.jpg

Please tell me what service should I disable? Should I use CCleaners or msconfig>startup to disable service?
Thanks.

P.S I have in Extensions: ABP, Roboform toolbar, Microsoft. Net Framework Assistant 1.1
Plugins:
FF%20plugins.jpg

Some of that is preference. I'm not looking at it closely right now, but google the file names for everything in that list you don't recognize. If you don't need it, disable it. If you are never going to use it, do one better and uninstall it.

Please tell me what service should I disable? Should I use CCleaners or msconfig>startup to disable service?
I use MS office almost everyday. Watch movies. I worry about my computer unable to get update from third party if I disable wrong service.

You have the right idea. You just need to google each of those items and figure out for yourself what you want to get rid of. If you really want it done for you, you should pay someone for the convenience and their experience. Maybe someone else here will be more generous though...

as far as msconfig vs ccleaner

I tend to only use msconfig as a last resort, it's kinda sloppy these days.

I really like Startup control as it's not overly complicated and it's thorough. You can get it here: Startup Control Panel - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I don't think you're actually refering to services, but if you are, I would leave those alone for now. Focus on your installed applications using add/remove programs (Programs and Features in Vista) first, then your startup using Startup Control (or msconfig or ccleaner if you really prefer).

Sysinternals is good for startup too, but I generally don't recommend it unless I know how savvy the person that's going to be using it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom