normal cpu temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu98cvc

Solid State Member
what is the normal cpu temps i can expect to see with my pc the specs are in my signature i have 3 fans 1 120mm and 1 80 mm intake and 1 80 mm blowhole exhuast and the regular power supply fans should i arrange the fans differently if so let me know im using motherboard monitor and i got 89 f case and cpu 60 f thanks for the help

89f for your case and 60f for your cpu? That can't be right, your case will never be as hot as your CPU. Assuming you meant 89F for your CPU which is 31C that is an excellent temperature on and with an AMD. My 2400+ is at 40C right now IDLE and I have 9 case fans, SLK-900A heatsink, AS5, Tornado Fan on as my CPU fan, and 2 fans in the PSU. Your temps are just fine

I've said this before.. but I feel I should say it again.. temp monitoring programs.. especially MBM, usually runs cold, meaning it'll run like 5C-8C cooler than what your bios will show. Also, it will show random components at 31C (89F).. what you should know is that the program really doesn't work all that great. I don't have much of a reasoning on how it works, but you need to use your bios as your temp guide.

The 31C is going to be your motherboard and the 60F, iono what the hell that is. If you see your temps way off like this.. it's most likely because you didn't select the correct mobo to begin with. Also, there are some configurations you need to mess with to get the program to work correctly. Sometimes it won't read from the right places on the mobo causing it to give a wrong temp.

-Use your bios! :p

That's not necessarily true Demalii. My Temp monitoring program runs like 5C hotter than what SiSoftware Sandra and my BIOS says. If his CPU was 89F/31C and his case at 60F/16C then I'd say that's about right. The case is generally about 15 degrees cooler than the CPU itself so I don't think his temps are way off. If anything I think he misposted about what temp the CPU and Case are, just got them mixed up. If that's not the case then, like demalii said just look in your BIOS what your temps are. My motherboard comes with monitoring software so his might too and not just some random temp monitoring software

I use cpucool to monitor and cool my system. If you really wanna know your temp, go out and buy one of this temp probes from pctoys and stick ir up against the side of your core under your cpu. You will be shocked when,, your pc has been runnin at like 115f and you put the probe on it and it says like 140 lol

hey nubius in response to the i cant be right comment thats what is says when i look at it on motherboard monitior i converted it to celcius now and this is what it is reading cpu 21 c case 33c and it has something called sensor 3 at 0 c if this seems odd to you guys let me know

Sensor 3 would generally be the NB temperature which if the monitor isn't showing it means there is no temp probe there. I don't know why you would be seeing that honestly. It's impossible to have your CPU Cooler than your case unless you have either Water Cooling or phase change cooling which I don't think you have, but if you do then..well..damn...you got some good equipment for not knowing temps. Either way if your CPU is 21 or 33C it's good temps man. Look at my system below in my sig and I'm running at 40C right now.....well if I look into the BIOS or SiSoftware Sandra it'll tell me like 36C but I like to go by the higher number in the event that it's running hot :D

thanks for the info nubius in my bios i have a cpu temp of 36 c and a cha temp 30 what is cha temp just curious motherboard monitor says cpu at 34 c so its a little off

cha would be for the chassis which I guess it could be reading as basically your system ambient air. 36C for the CPU and 30C for the cha would sound more correct, but yeah still....those are good temps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom