Hanging laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I dont know how your laptop is, but on mine I pop the plastic around the air intake off (For me its my cpu/ram cover) and blow air into the vent from the outside so it pushes the dust back the way it came from, then I use a toothpick to tweeze the dust out of the fan (its more like lint from a dryer than dust)

Or if your one of the lucky few, your fan might be held to the heatsink assembly with a few small screws and you can remove the fan from the assembly and blow the dust out through the hole. Personally I find that an aircompressor that puts out 100psi+ works great for blasting the dust out without even having to open the laptop up.

Reducing Heat and Fan Noise by Cleaning Air Vents HP Pavilion dv2855ee Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

HP shows a good example of this

Yeah but what about the lumped errors after defragging, can they still be removed? I think someone told me they can't?

Yeah but what about the lumped errors after defragging, can they still be removed? I think someone told me they can't?
Defrag has NOTHING to do with errors. Defrag moves files so that the same type of files are closer together making your system run faster while putting unused space closer together.

Disk Checking is what finds errors, the errors aren't soemthing that can be moved but just a bad sector on the disk platter that the computer will mark as 'bad' and not use AFTER it tries to pull the data off and move it to another sector.

Oh, ok. Disk checking puts them in one folder which I can delete right? Thanks..I'll just disk check first before defragging so there are no errors when I do that.

startup with a vista or xp disk and get into recovery console (basically cmd) and chkdsk c:
Or just do a checkdisk from inside the OS, there is no need for the CD. My Computer>properties>right click the drive in question>properties>Tools>check disk, then select both boxes, which will schedule the scan on the next restart.

It doesn't put them into a folder either... Please read my previous post, it checks the disk for consistency to ensure there is nothing physically wrong with the sectors, after doing that if it finds something that is wrong it will try to recover that data then mark that part of the drive so the OS won't use it...

Disk Cleanup is kind of what you are talking about which it deletes old, unused files like cookies and compressed old files.

ive always just had horrible luck with the disk check. when it does run, it takes ages and freezes like half way throu and gives me a file in use error. even before windows starts, so i just gave up on it and physically remove the disk and use another pc with an avail. sata port to check my disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom