Dell latitude upgrade questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
My mother just gave me her laptop to sell but I am currently to keep it if I can upgrade this any further.

It's a dell latitude CPx 500mhz P3, 128MB SD-RAM came preinstalled with windows 98, but got rid of it for XP SP2.
Currently I know this laptop can handle a 160gb hdd as long as it's not SATA, memory can go up to about 786mb sd-ram.
The cpu has me very worried, I know it's p3 500mhz what I really don't know if it's a 100fsb or 133fsb with a mmc 1 or mmc 2.

Any help would be great, I am looking at ebay.com and I see quite a few p3 800 cpus going for 15.00 under with low or free shipping, question is will it work my laptop......

If it is the same socket as your laptop it should work. What you'll probably run into is with the faster processor your laptop won't be built for the extra heat - so cooling may be come an issue.

Try something like Belarc Advisor to get the exact model/make of the motherboard / processor, then do a google search to fine the specifics about FSB speeds.

Thanks, well I can look underneath laptop for the service number, but currently right now it has no hdd at the moment...

I'll see what I can dig up from other posts on the net that preivous owners said about this laptop.

Thanks Lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom