Computer Build - Compatible and Ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right, seriously thanks for all the help. I'm a total beginner to the actual setting up of a pc and was choosing components I thought were compatible.
What are your opinions on the components I've chosen by the way? I don't have a massive budget which is why I chose AMD Phenom over Intel i7 but other than that what do you's think?
(Going with the HD5850 and the mobo that Muffin Man suggested as well (Thanks Muffin Man!))

@TheMajor thanks for pointing that out, I had actually chosen the 7200rpm one, I've got a list of the components I want and websites I'm going to get them from but good spot! Thanks.

Sorry to be a pain, I just want to get it right!

Since I doubt you plan on running three graphics cards, I would consider going with this board instead:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

A couple of words of advice from my own experience. First, while I love the look of the Armor case, having doors on your case ends up being a real pain in the rear. Second, LG drives are worse than garbage and their "support" only knows how to say, "It is your fault and falls outside of the warranty."

You may want to look at this case:
Newegg.com - XCLIO Blackhawk Advanced Black Finish 0.8 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Extreme Cooling Computer Case - Computer Cases

Edit: Didn't see the mobo posted by Muffin, but i would still go with the Gigabyte board.

Right I think I've decided to go with the GTX 285 instead of the 275 as I'd like to be able to have 3D vision. Is the first motherboard I suggested decent then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom